The next 2-day Agile Fundamentals training is scheduled for June 20-21, 2017 at Pillar’s Forge, 301 E. Liberty St., Ann Arbor, MI for $650 per person. Only 20 seats available, click here to register today.
Whether you need to get started or want a refresher, I can provide custom agile training for your team, at your site, at your pace. My Agile Basics class is a 2-day session that includes multiple hands-on activities for your team. Lecture is nice, but we all learn best by doing.
This inclusive 2-day training will provide you with a fundamental understanding of Agile concepts and practices enabling direct workplace application, a shared team understanding and practice of Agile, as well as aiding in the preparation for scrum master certification.
The classes are applicable for those with little to no agile background and roles as diverse from leadership to Project Managers, Scrum Masters, Product Owners, Business Analysts, QA specialists, and Developers.
The Class Content
- Understand and practice team roles and behaviors for developers, User Experience Designers, Scrum Masters, Product Owners, Quality Analysts, and Project Managers
- Explore how agile delivers business value through an interactive game
- Agile explained through the Agile Manifesto and Principles behind Agile
- Present and discuss the Agile Ceremonies, Roles and Artifacts, and understand the value of these ceremonies
- Review common testing practices in an Agile team
- Hands-on activity exploration of iterative development
- Explore what an Agile team looks like by watching one – View the IDEO team at work
- Understanding the full requirements gathering and management process for Agile teams from backlog creation to sprint planning
- Utilizing Personas and Story Maps for requirements gathering including hands-on activity creating a story map
- User story construction and slicing into smaller chunks, including hands-on activity writing stories for the class generated Story Maps
- Estimating User Stories, theory and practice with Planning Poker cards
- Tracking your progress through Sprint Metrics
- Learn and apply retrospective techniques
- Team participates in a full Lego-based Scrum simulation including planning, story writing, estimating and delivering through short sprints
Participant Take Away
- Course handbook
- Scrum.org study guide
- Completion Certificate
- Earn 14 PDU’s or CEU’s
- This highly interactive course features a number of hands-on sessions to engage the learner via multiple approaches.
- The class is structured for 10-20 individuals and lasts 2 days, typically running from 9 am to 4:30 pm with scheduled breaks.
The Cost – when taught at your site
- Priced at a budget friendly rate of $3,995 when taught at your site. Yes that’s right, just a flat rate for 2 full days of training! Contact me today about a session for you.
Also available is a shorter session geared for leadership members that covers the basics of agile concepts so that they can support their organization’s agile journey.
Custom training for your teams, at your site, at your pace.
Stay updated with upcoming Agile training classes!
Your email will only be used by HSG Consulting for this purpose and will NEVER be sold or shared. On this you have my promise.