Hi my name is Helene Gidley and I’m a PMP certified Project Manager and Certified Scrum Master, and I help companies get their agile adoptions back on track. I’ve been in the IT industry for, well, let’s just say over 20 years. For the past 14 years I’ve been bringing agile to companies of all sizes, from Fortune 500 firms like Pfizer, Johnson & Johnson, and Thomson Reuters, to small startups. I’ve seen every company face these 3 issues in their agile journeys:
- Helicopter managers derailing sprints
- Creating mini-waterfalls through late QA and testing integration
- Sustaining dedicated scrum teams
Here’s where we need to think differently. I’ve seen the challenges of implementing a paradigm shift to not only the technical teams but to management as well. Through my targeted training that includes senior management, and personalized coaching for your team members, I’ve helped companies get their their agile journeys back on track.
An entrepreneur myself, I started HSG Consulting in 2003 and Agile Groupies a local user group focused on expanding the Agile body of knowledge within our community, in 2008. We now have over 300 members on Meetup.
In 2019 I have partnered with Meloche Consulting to take my training and coaching to a new level as A2Agile.com. We provide immersive training for you and your teams to take your agile journey to new levels. Check for new offerings on A2Agile.com.
Contact me today for your first step in getting your agile journey back on track.
Profile on LinkedIn here.
Honors and Awards
- Making a World of a Difference award presented in December 2015. One of ProQuest’s highest awards for employees demonstrating corporate values. Nominated for exemplary scrum master duties.
- US Patent #8694594 ‘Method and System for Automated Team Support Message Delivery’ awarded in April 2014. The system is part of a suite of integrated health solutions to be offered by Wellness & Prevention Division of Johnson & Johnson. The system produces highly personalized team messages and individual messages based on a broad range of data inputs. These messages could act as a reminder or source of motivation to facilitate behavior change and team or individual support for reaching both team and individual goals. The messaging takes the topic, time of delivery, tone of delivery, frequency of delivery, method of delivery and mode of delivery into consideration based on broad passive and active data inputs. This approach allows for optimal tailoring to either an individual or team in support of their stated goals.
Education and Memberships
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) – Scrum Alliance
- PMP Certification – Project Management Institute
- University of Michigan Executive Education: Leadership I & II, Effective Coaching and Counseling, Strategies for Growth
- B.B.A.: Business Computer Programming (Summa Cum Laude): Cleary College, Ypsilanti, MI
- Active Member: Huron Valley Chapter of the Project Management Institute